NFNET Logo Contest
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Who is eligible to enter the contest?
A: The contest is open to all current members of one of the FNLP member First Nations (Haisla Nation, Kitselas First Nation, Lax Kw’alaams Band, Lheidleh T’enneh First Nation, McLeod Lake Indian Band, Metlakatla First Nation, Moricetown Indian Band, Nadleh Whut’en First Nation, Nak’azdli First Nation, Saik’uz First Nation, Skin Tyee First Nation, Stellat’en First Nation, Ts’il Kaz Koh First Nation, West Moberly First Nation, Wet’suwet’en First Nation, Nee Tahi Buhn Indian Band).
Q: How can I submit my logo?
A: There are four ways to submit your logo design. Each artist is welcome to submit up to three logos.
- Online via the new NFNET Facebook page
- Email to email@example.com
- In person to the local Band Office (the Band Office will forward all submissions to NFNET)
- In person or by mail to the NFNET Prince George office (please include your name and contact information):
101 – 1837 Ogilvie St
Prince George, BC
Q: What are the timelines?
A: The timelines are as follows:
- Logo designs will be received until May 21, 2017
- The FNLP Advisory Committee will select the final three logo designs
- The final three logo designs will be open for general voting in late May 2017
Q: How is the winner decided?
A: The FNLP Advisory Committee will select three logo designs from those submitted. The three selected logos will then be available for general voting via our NFNET Facebook page. Anyone who visits our NFNET Facebook page can vote for their favourite logo. After general voting, the logo design with the most votes will be the new NFNET logo. The logos with the second and third most votes will be runners-up.
Q: How can I be involved?
A: If you are an artist, there are several ways to get involved:
- Submit your logo design.
- Share the story behind your logo design (you can do this via Facebook or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will share on our NFNET Facebook page and NFNET Instagram page.
- Like our NFNET Facebook page and NFNET Instagram page – watch for us to post your logo, share the post with your friends.
If you aren’t an artist, you can still get involved:
- Like our NFNET Facebook page and NFNET Instagram page – watch for submissions you love.
- If you now any artists, share the contest with them.
- When general voting is open in late May, you can vote for your favourite logo.
Q: How often can NFNET Facebook page visitors vote for a logo?
A: Visitors can vote once per day.
Q: What are the prizes?
A: The winning logo designer will receive $1,000 and the two runners-up will receive $250 each.
Q: Who owns the winning logo?
A: The winning logo will be owned by NFNET with credit being given to the artist. The winner agrees and will be required to assign the Intellectual Property rights for the Logo over to the Society
Q. How can I ask questions?
A. Any questions can be directed to Lawney Chabot at email@example.com.